I could spend days looking at all of the Halloween hat & mask patterns. These are a few of my favorites. Just click link above the picture to go directly to the free pattern website.
Ood Ski Mask
Halloween Spooky Spiral Hat
I’ll Put A Spell on You
Spider Pom Pom Hat
Rag doll wig
Halloween Bat Beanie
Little Witch Hat
Here is a quick and easy, cute little Halloween pillow I made yesterday.
- I used leftover Caron Simply Soft yarn which is worsted weight. Colors, white, Orange and yellow. I am sure that this can be made with any brand and size yarn that you would like to use.
- 4.0mm crochet hook
- Poly-fil ( can be purchased at most craft stores and Wal-mart)
- The beginning chain 1 of each row does not count as a stitch.
- you can make the pillow larger or smaller easily by adding or subtracting rows. just follow the same increases at the beginning and end of each row.
- You will be making 2 triangles and then putting the pillow together
With the white yarn Chain 2
Row 1: 2 HDC in the second chain from the hook, Chain 1, turn
Row 2: 2 HDC in each of the HDC from the previous row ( 4 HDC total in this row), Chain 1, Turn
Row 3: 2 HDC in the First stitch, HDC across until you each the last stitch, Make 2 HDC in the last stitch.
- From this row until the second last row you will be starting each row with 2 HDC in the first stitch and then 1 HDC in each stitch until you reach the last stitch, the last stitch of each row with have 2 HDC in it.
Rows 4 & 5: Continue with white
Rows 6 – 23: switch to orange and continue following the same increases
Rows 24 – 28 switch to yellow and continue following the same increases
Finish off, weave in the ends.
SC around the entire piece placing 3 SC in each corner, I used the colors that matched each color for the one I made.
Make the second triangle the same way as the first.
To put the pillow together, you can sew it together or use a SC join or any other way you would like.
I used a SC join
- With the wrong sides facing each other starting with the bottom row of orange join the orange yarn with a SC ( make sure you are placing each SC through both pieces) and then SC evenly until you reach the white
- Switch to white, SC evenly on the side and then add 3 SC in the top corner, SC evenly on the side until you reach the orange, Switch to orange
- Continue to SC evenly with the orange yarn until you reach the yellow.
- With Yellow SC evenly until you reach the bottom corner, place 3 SC in the corner, make 3 more SC, pull up a large loop
- Add the Poly – Fil to the pillow at this point
- SC across the rest of the bottom and then place 3 SC in the next corner, Continue placing them evenly until you reach the orange, Slip stitch to join